#60 Jeri Lykke - Partner Talent Transformation (IBM) / Being brazen / Making great family decisions
July 12, 2022
I'm your host Gary Nowak and you are going eavesdrop on my conversation with a good friend Jeri Lykke. Jeri is an intelligent, driven person and it comes through in our discussion today.
Hookum Horns going to university of Texas in psychology (good story)
Great global career that started in Texas and is currently residing in Texas
- The first time we met
- Trying to get out of her psychology class and having it be her major
- Acing the subject after never showing up to class
- EDS first job and asking for another role within the company, brazen?
- Being brash and learning to soften the edges just a bit
- Working in compensation and the impact it has and doesn't have
- Thinking that she will lead the company one day and laying the groundwork to do so
- The change in mindset for seeking a Noble Cause with the current work force
- Not letting being a woman impact her career
- Being told international wasn't in the cards, then getting sponsored to go to Korea then London
- Don't tell Jeri she can't do something, it will only fuel her
- Great role in London
- Moving back to the US San Diego after marriage
- Making great family decisions that worked out well from a business perspective
- Try something when you're young, remember it doesn't have to last forever
- Moving over to consulting to help clients with their journey
- Learning how to sell
- Your perception is your reality
Want to be a guest? Email me at email@example.com!