Wish I Knew . . .
#61 Paul Mahoney - Big 4 AD / True Blue Consultant / Icebreakers / Consulting "Ups and Downs"
July 19, 2022
I'm your host Gary Nowak and I'm going to introduce you to one of the greatest guys I was lucky enough to meet and work with in Australia. Paul Mahoney. Paul showed up and consistently did high quality work and built up solid relationships
- Straight forward
- KPMG for nearly 11 years where he is currently an Associate Director
- RMIT with a bachelor in Business information systems
- Working fish and chips when you actually don't eat seafood
- Extremely linear career with consulting, this career made a great deal of sense
- All set to be an architect from the problem side not the technical side
- Learning and working with great people at KPMG
- Using icebreakers and working to be memorable
- Allowing junior members the opportunity to present and get exposure
- Jumping over to the dark side (corporate position)
- Comparing consulting vs industry
- Peaks and troughs of consulting
- Managing expectations
- Being self aware and understanding the person across from you
- Let your intentions be known
- Passive feedback, it's a bit of trend I've noticed
- Personality agnostic and cascade knowledge down
- Squeaky wheel approach
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!