Wish I Knew . . .
#66 Walkyria Whitlock - Author / Yoga Instructor / Coping with Depression / Yachting / "Don't lose Hope"
August 30, 2022
I'm your host Gary Nowak and I have a conversation with a young lady Walkyria Whitlock who shares amazing stories about her life and time in Idaho, Fiji, Rio, The Hamptons, Florida, Australia and working on Yachts while traveling.
- Author of the book "I love what I've forgotten"
- Self Employed as President of Global MVP
- Yoga Instructor on Private Yachts and Villas
- Attended Boise State University
- Scooping ice cream and losing weight at age 14
- Tremendous high school career across the board
- Getting burned out first 2 years of college at Boise State
- Did way too much
- Felt depressed and not knowing why
- Reconciling childhood trauma
- Finding writing and mindfulness to process her upbringing
- Going to Fiji and living with the Prime Minister
- Working for tips
- Getting picked up on a Yacht
- Learning from her Grandfather who is a nuclear engineer
- Leaving Fiji for home then to Ft Lauderdale to yacht some more
- Getting a job opportunity within 2 hours
- First job as a crew chef on a yacht
- Moving to the Hamptons and taking care of a family
- Started writing a lot
- Decided to move to Australia for music
- Discussing compassion
- Changing your environment when things are not going well
- Feeling and being present with your feelings
- Don't lose HOPE
- Super adaptive and optimistic
- Introduction to Deepak Chopra by Arthur Blank
- Compiling a book in 20 hours
- Rainbow vegetarian cake
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!