Wish I Knew . . .
#36 Jill Eastman - Senior Director of National Marketing / Be accountable / Handing tough conversations / 17 Day family driving trip
January 25, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and today I have an incredible conversation Jill Eastman. I discovered Jill to be a person with and incredible amount of
- A grounded perspective on life.
- Senior Director of national marketing strategy and integreated planning and advisory at BDO (Over 7 years)
- Prior to her current role:
- Director of market at Harman Leito & Bolt and Hahnfeld hoffer standford
- Marketing positions at Weaver / Jacobs / Principal financial group
- Wartburg College
- BA in communications Arts
- Grew up in Iowa and now resides in the Dallas Fort Worth area
- Great visual for her very first job
- Being accountable
- Learning time management early
- Being in marketing and working in the accounting world
- Understanding business from the marketing side
- You can't market what you don't understand
- Being very "hands on" and working in a smaller firm
- Sitting through audits by choice, ugh
- How she prides herself of mentoring
- Jill's personal board of directors
- How mentorship might fail
- Mind the gap in mentoring
- Lesson learned 10 years ago
- Being Self aware and a great story about this
- Give yourself room to be wrong
Handing Confrontational conversations roadmap
- Take emotion out of it
- 3 simple bullets
- Give and share joy with others
- We don't work in Silo's, so build relationships
- Reaping the rewards of relationships later in your career
- How Jill finds Success from a marketing executive
- Jill's leadership style, you will want to work for her
- When is it time to move on?
- Being proud of the journey
- 17 day family driving trip