Wish I Knew . . .
#38 Amande Cuffe - HR Specialist / "Bird's Eye" view / Variety of Mentors / Courage / Podcast Host As Per
February 08, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and you will love my conversation with an inspring, energetic driven young lady Amanda Cuffe dialing in from Australia.
- Currently an HR specialist with Telstra (Just under 4 years)
- HR role with Harvey Norman (Retailer)
- Started her own podcast "As per . . . "
- University of Sydney with a Bachelor in Industrial relations and HR Management
- Career full of connections
- Entertaining kids for an hour, great story
- "Bird's Eye" view, gave me this that I love
- Allow relationships time to grow
- Have a variety of mentors, one size doesn't fit all
- Mentoring is a two way street
- Starting a podcast which kinda turned into therapy
- Your career is like climbing a tree
- Figuring out your career in your 20's
- Criteria used on when to change jobs
- Key to success she learned from her Podcast
- Trusting the process
- Learning about yourself
- Being encouraged by others seeing your career path
- Comparing sydney and melbourne
- Courage of not knowing the future
- Understanding yourself and your values
- Learning how to handle stress, what works for you