Wish I Knew . . .
#47 Dylan Houck - Clinical Project Mngr / Info Interviews / Getting "Pulled" / MBA Merits / Who not the What
April 12, 2022
I'm your host Gary Nowak and today you are going to love this guy and our conversation. You run into people that are wise beyond their years and this is one of those guys with my guest Dylan Houck.
- Dyve Biosciences for over 3 years as a clinical project manager
- American Red Cross regional ops manager under 3 years
- Social Cognitive Neuroscience laboratory 3 years
- Graduation from UCLA with a Psychology degree
- Great example of getting pulled throughout his career
- Recognizing not a great high school student and learning to apply in community college
- Psychology at University and what career paths were out there
- Throwing himself into information interviews,
- 150 to 50 to 5 connections
- 25 questions
- Learning it's not about you
- More important the "who" to work for not the "what"
- Building the best relationship of his career thus far
- His #1 trait represents his name
- Red Cross disaster deployment
- Getting variety out of the career to ascertain what you like and don't like
- Organic approach to your career path
- Ask for help when you need it
- Merits of an MBA and going with a clear view and using the same approach to starting his career
- Figuring out what to do as an entrepreneur
- Take what the defense gives you
- Steve Nash style of play
- Avoiding distractions and focus on the learning aspect
- Openness is a key to success
Want to be a guest? Email me at email@example.com!