#50 Jamie Thomas - National Marketing Director / Confidence / Listening / "Fun Stuff" special guest
May 03, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and I've got a Friday afternoon recording with a very enjoyable and entertaining guest Jamie Thomas. You are also in for a treat during the "Fun Stuff" of the podcast with Jamie's daughter Reagan.
- Started off as a Lawyer and found her groove in Marketing
- Currently a National Director in Marketing for BDO
- Prior to BDO spent over 16 years at an Accounting firm in Jacksonville FL
- We did a great job in this podcast about walking through Jamie's career
- Being a 12 year old taking care of a brand new baby
- Moving around a lot
- Starting early in sales and marketing
- Leaving Key West Florida for Pittsburgh in December
- Legal and marketing background
- Finding a mentor to truly support her career
- Have confidence in yourself, don't doubt yourself
- In charge of the mentoring program at BDO
- Passion to help people grow
- Shut up and listen
- Learn as much as you can early
- Again the power of listening and hearing what people have to say
- Helping accountants with business development
- Implementing the Spotlight program - Great!!!
- Jamie is a relationship person through and through
- Very loyal
- Yes, stick around for our special guest for the "fun stuff' of the podcast
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!