Wish I Knew . . .
#51 Art Chenen - Health Industry Lawyer / Head Litigator in his 20's / Impact of Medicare / Should have mentored more
May 10, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and today I've got a longtime friend of mine who I met while seeking a volunteering opportunity in Long Beach California. You are going get to eavesdrop on my conversation with recently retired Art Chenen.
- Grew up in California and never left
- UCLA Law School
- Started his own Law Firm
- Focused in the health industry (great time and story)
- Worked for 2 prestigious law firms in LA
- Lying in his first job
- The perry mason impact
- Summer job at a Law Firm with a draft lurking about
- Meeting his lovely bride Lynn at college
- Going to law school but not sure if he wanted to be a lawyer
- Medicare impacting his career
- The power of a sabbatical
- Wanted to be a litigator
- Rebuilding a small firm into a large firm
- Watching colleagues operate and admiring
- What do the cases say??
- Didn't apply to Art
- How to gracefully tell a client NOT to lie to you
- Giving me honest feedback in 2014
- Late 20's as a head litigator of 50 lawyers nationally
- No "Key Numbers" for health care (too lawyer"ie")
- Regretting not mentoring more
- Mentoring "Pretend you’re a lawyer"
Want to be a guest? Email me at email@example.com!