#53 Allen Wu - Yoga Master in Taiwan / Finding Yoga / Luke the Mentor / Yoga = Connection / Selling as an introvert
May 24, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and I've got a real life Yogi to share his experience which started in business and turned towards being a yoga instructor. Today I have a wonderful conversation with my good friend Allen Wu.
- Started off in Finance
- Pair of internships one in HK and one in Taipei
- 6 years with TSMC, largest semi conductor company globally
- Finding his Yoga passion in Shanghai
- Selling tea on the streets of Taiwan and being really good at it
- Reading customer reaction to know if it's good
- Rationale for choosing finance as a career
- Internships being life changing??
- The pace of Hong Kong and how he adapted
- Having courage to keep his own pace
- Talking slowly so people will listen
- Be yourself!!!
- Impact of the Global financial crisis
- Meeting people being an introvert
- Seeking other opportunities in Shanghai
- Discovering Yoga in Shanghai as something to do
- PURE Yoga classes and the awesome teachers
- Getting guidance on being a yoga instructor
- 200 hour yoga training was really painful
- Luke the mentor / influencer
- When you graduate you teach right away
- Bribing people with coffee
- Pounding the pavement for a teaching opp
- Looking at the students face to see if you're a good teacher or not
- Using the corpse pose to figure things out
- Yoga = connection
- Advice on yoga, just give it a try with repetition
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!