#49 Mirko Hilsheimer - Big 4 German Partner / Get the basics right / Creating Awareness / China Decision / Todays choices are tomorrows obligations
April 26, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and I am so grateful to my guest Mirko Hilsheimer coming to us from Germany and providing some genuine advice, sharing of his experience and giving me great perspective throughout our conversation.
- Started off in mechanical engineering, then an international business admin degree
- MBA in Strategic Market from Sheffield Business school in the UK
- Solid consulting background with:
- Nearly 4 years at PwC
- Over 17 years with KPMG in Germany & China
- Job at 14 to get a better bike (I can totally relate)
- Proud of 3 degrees?
- Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday
- Figuring out what to do in your 20's
- 3 pieces of Great advice / Talk to people
- Follow your gut do what you believe in / Don't be too rationale
- What he looks for in a candidate for consulting
- Walking through the decades
- Getting the basics right
- Loving connections in Consulting
- Big blue knocking him out of PwC
- Diversity in Consulting
- #1 thing a good consultant should be doing
- Communication in the younger generation and connections
- What Mirko does well
- Sharing success
- His CHRO role, fantastic
- Being in the people business
- Creating awareness of leadership and importance of people
- Great setback story with a positive outcome
- Reaching out for personal feedback
- Giving feedback today,
- His China decision
- Great advice discussion
- Awesome consulting story
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!